Join a LIVE, virtual, Certified Scrum Trainer in this dynamic and engaging two-day immersion into the Agile principles, concepts, and practices that define the Scrum framework. This NO PowerPoint, NO Lecture experience is highly interactive and collaborative as if you are in an in-person workshop! You'll hear real world stories and learn what a a day in the life of a Scrum Master is really about!
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
Our Certified ScrumMaster® workshop is a dynamic and engaging two-day immersion into the Agile principles, concepts and practices that define the Scrum framework. This virtual experience is highly interactive and collaborative and simulates an in person experience. Our workshop is a NO death by PowerPoint, experiential learning experience where you will work through real life challenges as a Scrum Master through hands-on exercises. Attendees will work as a small team and learn through discussion, exercises, games, and a simulation using the Scrum framework. Attendees will hear real-world stories and techniques experienced by their Certified Scrum Trainer where Scrum has been successfully implemented. Attendees will also experience innovation frameworks that they can take back and use in their organization.
This Class Is Based on the New 2020 Scrum Guide!
On November 18, 2020, a new version of the Scrum Guide was made available. All Agile Brain Group classes and certification assessments will be based on the new version as of January 10, 2021.
What You Will Learn
Participants will get a thorough introduction to Agile & Scrum, the tools they need to get started with Scrum in their organization, and preparation for passing the Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) assessment.
- Introductions to Agile and Scrum
- Deep dives into the Scrum roles, artifacts and meetings
- Enabling self-organizing Teams
- The different levels of planning in Scrum
- Experiencing real Scrum in action through a virtual simulation
- Separating the myths from the facts
- Real world examples from an instructor with 10+ years of experience
What You Will Get
- A virtual two-day immersive learning experience facilitated by an highly respected Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST)
- Access to supporting course materials
- Registration for the Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) online assessment
- Two years membership of the Scrum Alliance worth $100 – you get access exclusive Scrum Alliance member features and content
- 16 Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Project Management Professionals® (PMP) can claim 14 PMI PDUs
What do I need to prepare and participate in the online course?
- A quiet, comfortable place to be for the duration of the class
- Choose an area without distractions
- Be mindful of managing potential interruptions (e.g. children, pets, etc).
- Computer (desktop, laptop, or tablet)
- Camera and microphone (we'll have virtual breakout rooms)
- Headset to filter out room noise
- Internet connectivity
Am I able to step away during a live-online training?
We ask that you participate like you would if you were in an in-person class with a punctual arrival, full attention and participation (video required) during class time.
Our trainers are mindful of giving breaks throughout the sessions to give everyone a chance to step away to stretch their legs, make a phone call, etc. If you foresee needing more time, please notify your trainer. No more than 30 minutes can be missed in order to qualify for certification.
Do I need to download special programs before the start of a virtual training?
In order to keep our courses interactive and fun, our coaches have incorporated easy-to-use websites and online collaboration tools to support their lessons, including video breakout rooms to engage and collaborate with your classmates and dive deeper into discussions.
CSM® certification- Adding value to your career
PDUs and SEUs
PDUs and SEUs are Professional Development Units and Scrum Educational Units, issued by the Project Management Institute and Scrum Alliance, respectively. They can be earned by completing educational training or learning opportunities, which serve to validate your participation and continued proficiency in the principles and practices of Scrum. To maintain your certification from Scrum Alliance, you are required to earn a certain number of SEUs every two years.