- This event has passed.
Agile for Marketers Certified Training
December 16, 2019 @ 8:30 am - December 17, 2019 @ 5:00 pm$1295 – $1495
What You’ll Learn
In this class you’ll learn what it means to be agile and how to apply it to your marketing practice. This isn’t just another class for software. We apply agile to the marketing world.
(See full learning outcomes)
This course is certified by ICAgile and successful participants will be able earn the ICP-Marketing Certified Professional accreditation.
1) The Need for Agile Marketing
You’ll start by learning the basics around agile marketing and why it’s more than a fad.
- Discover how new brand categories are disrupting marketing as we know it.
- Explore six key challenges marketers are facing with traditional marketing.
- Learn how agile marketing can help you overcome these challenges.
2) Defining Agile Marketing
Uncover what agile marketing really means and (we’ll expel some of the common myths).
- Discover the differences between agile marketing and common frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban and Lean.
- Take a deep dive into the Agile Marketing Manifesto’s Values & Principles and discover where you’re aligned and areas that will require culture change at your company.
- Learn what agile marketers do differently than traditional marketers.
3) Customer-Centric Marketing
In this section, you’ll learn how to center campaigns around your customer (instead of your company).
- Learn how to create campaigns that don’t lose sight of your customers.
- Explore social media and how personalization and quick response is imperative.
- Practice writing minimally viable personas to understand customers’ needs quickly.
4) Marketing Planning that’s Flexible
Discover flexible planning options that allow you to ditch your five-year marketing plan!
- Learn how to focus your marketing on outcome vs. output.
- Practice mapping out your work to discover your minimally viable campaign.
- Learn to organize work in a single, prioritized marketing backlog.
5) Teams & Teamwork
Learn the importance of collaboration and teamwork with agile marketing.
- Understand how teams of generalists rather than specialists deliver marketing value sooner.
- Discover why dedicated team players are key to the teams’ success.
- Learn how working at a sustainable pace determined by the team improves outcomes.
6) Kanban Practices for Agile Marketers
During this Kanban simulation, you’ll discover if this flow-based approached is right for your team.
- Learn the basics of Kanban and its key principles.
- Discover how to limit work in progress so work doesn’t get ‘stuck’.
- See how visualizing work helps the team.
- Determine how your team can discover its ideal flow to maximize done work.
7) Using the Scrum Framework in Agile Marketing
You’ll learn how Scrum has worked for software teams and how it can be applied in marketing.
- Learn the basics of the Scrum framework.
- Understand the three roles in Scrum and how marketers are changing it up.
- Simulate the Scrum framework with an interactive game.
8) Getting Started with Agile Marketing
Leave having an action plan for getting started with agile marketing at your company.
- Choosing a method or methods that best fits your team and culture.
- Explore how agile marketing teams have been formed by other companies.
- Learn best practices for piloting and agile marketing team.
**Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 14 days or more before the start of the course, you will receive a 90% refund. Any cancellations made after 14 days, we will allow a one-time transfer into the next available course. All cancellation requests must be emailed to email@example.com