Live online events
This live, virtual class is an immersion into the world of Agile Product Management- full of practical, real world techniques which can be implemented immediately at your workplace. Delivered online through Zoom's interactive platform.
13Dec2 days, Wed 10:00 AM EST - Thu 5:00 PM ESTOnline
- $545.00 excl.
20Jan2 days, Sat 11:30 AM EST - Sun 6:30 PM ESTOnline
- $545.00 excl.
Our Certified Scrum Product Owner® workshop is a dynamic and engaging two-day immersion into the role of a Product Owner and explores product strategy. This highly interactive, experiential virtual, workshop will simulate an in person experience. This NO death by PowerPoint, workshop will provide attendees a hands-on experience as you work as a small team and learn through discussion, exercises, and games.
The Certified Scrum Product Owner workshop is suited for all levels of Scrum experience, specifically those ready to master skills including Product Owner Role and Product Backlog; Product Vision and Strategy; User Stories and User Story Maps; Product Planning/Forecasting and Creating Customer Focus.
Our course curriculum sets the standard for Product Owner know-how, drawing on our inventive exercises, case-studies and real-world experience of implementing Scrum across industries, including energy, finance, healthcare, defense and technology. With a Scrum Product Owner certification (CSPO), you will be able to fulfill the role of Product Owner on a Scrum team.
As a Virtual Scrum Product Owner class participant, I want…
- To describe the Scrum framework, so that I can clearly comprehend the Scrum process
- To describe the roles and responsibilities in Scrum, so that I can understand who does what
- To do a Scrum simulation, so that I have a real-world example to base the class exercises on
- To demonstrate how to create a Product Vision Statement, so that I can establish a guiding light for the product, with the help of my Stakeholders
- To demonstrate how to create a Product Roadmap, so that I can chart a course for the team and help build consensus with my Stakeholders
- To demonstrate how to establish User Roles and Personas, so that I can ensure that I don’t miss an important Stakeholder’s business need
- To understand Story Mapping, so that I can walk my Stakeholders through my product and avoid missing some major functionality.
- To understand how to test product assumptions, so that I build what my customers truly need
- To explain how to seed a Product Backlog, so that I can quickly establish enough Backlog items so that the team can start Sprinting
- To demonstrate how to write User Stories, so that I can clearly articulate the who, what, and why behind a Backlog item.
- To demonstrate how to quickly assess business value, so that I can establish an initial priority for the Backlog items in my Product Backlog
- To list several ways to prioritize my Product Backlog, so that I can determine the best approach for the situation at hand.
- To refine my Product Backlog, so that it is ready for Sprint Planning
- To demonstrate how to create a release plan, so that I can determine the best time to put the product increment in my Stakeholders’ hands
- To understand my role as a Product Owner during the Sprint, so that I know how I can best support my team
- To list areas where we might get into trouble so that I know what to look out for as my organization implements Scrum
- Learn while having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique teaching styles based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Scrum Education Units®(SEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
- Earn your CSPO Certification from the convenience of your desk or laptop
- Easy-to-use reminders of Scrum
- Downloadable class manual
- Digital copy of the Braintrust book Scrum for the Rest of Us
- 16 SEUs/16 PDUs
- Two-year membership to the Scrum Alliance
What do I need to prepare and participate in the online course?
- A quiet, comfortable place to be for the duration of the class
- Choose an area without distractions
- Be mindful of managing potential interruptions (e.g. children, pets, etc).
- Computer (desktop, laptop, or tablet)
- Camera and microphone (we'll have virtual breakout rooms)
- Headset to filter out room noise
- Internet connectivity
Am I able to step away during a live-online training?
We ask that you participate like you would if you were in an in-person class with a punctual arrival, full attention and participation (video required) during class time.
Our trainers are mindful of giving breaks throughout the sessions to give everyone a chance to step away to stretch their legs, make a phone call, etc. If you foresee needing more time, please notify your trainer. No more than 30 minutes can be missed in order to qualify for certification.
Do I need to download special programs before the start of a virtual training?
In order to keep our courses interactive and fun, our coaches have incorporated easy-to-use websites and online collaboration tools to support their lessons, including video breakout rooms to engage and collaborate with your classmates and dive deeper into discussions.